Setting up a Synology NAS for use with Cloud Backup 2.0
This is a very technical process - you will need to have a working knowledge of Linux, SSH and Putty to perform this process.
1. Enabled SSH on the NAS
2. SSH in using Putty
3. Run the following commands...
4. Go to the "Linux" tab under "Backup" in the Cloud backup webApp...
5. Copy the [Backup Command] in the webApp and paste it into the Putty session
Tip: To backup multiple directories, make multiple instance of the RSYNC line, as follows...
rsync -vr "/mnt/my-files/123/" rsync://email@example.com:1234/backups/123/
rsync -vr "/mnt/my-files/456/" rsync://firstname.lastname@example.org:1234/backups/456/
6. Save and quit Vi (escape, :w <enter>, :q <enter>)
7. In the NAS DSM, go to [Control Panel] > [Task Scheduler]
8. Create a new task > [User-defined script]
9. The "user defined script" box enter: /root/cloud-backup.sh
10. Click the [Schedule] tab and set up the preferred schedule
11. Click [OK] -- the back up is now in place
12. Highlight the cloud backup tas and click [Run]
13. Switch to Putty and run "ps | grep rsync" and look for a line similar to:
rsync -vr /volume1/web/ rsync://email@example.com:1234/backups/